On top of a hill between the valleys of Aobamba and Salkantay is located the archaeological site.
Llactapata was an ancient Inca town with civic buildings and agricultural terraces along the Urubamba river in Cusco..
Llactapata is the combination of two words in Quechua: Llacta means "city" and pata means "height". It was also discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1912, and may have been part of a network of administrative and ceremonial sites interrelated that supported the regional center of Machu Picchu.
Without any doubt, it is an impressive place for its large size and extensive curved terraces surrounding the Inca city on top. It is also surrounded by large mountains forming a beautiful landscape worth of admiration.